VMware Horizon Community
vivekrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Composer agent initialization state error (6): Unknown failure (waited 0 seconds)

Hi,

While I try to recompose with a new image I am getting this error for a VM.

Deploying or recomposing a linked clone in VMware View Manager results in the error: View Composer agent initialization state error (6): Unknown failure (waited 0 seconds).

Followed this article :

VMware Knowledge Base

--- Tried taking the log from the problem machine, but the machine is not going after login screen. (Stuck at starting SVService).

Please help, I don't want this image to be deployed in all machines in the pool, so cannot change the script values in QuickPrep.

Thanks,

Vivek

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Usually when I see svservice holding the machine logon its a network connectivity problem. Try and update the image you want to be used and run ipconfig /release before shutting it down and taking another snapshot.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

but the machine is not going after login screen. (Stuck at starting SVService). 

When the desktop provisioning has been failed, deployed VMs will not removed, specially if you set the desktop pool settings to provision of error.

Please check and compare the version of Horizon Agent (that you setup in the template / VM) and version of Connection Server / Composer Servers.

Also please tell you "How do you assign IP addresses to your provisioned desktop in this linked-clone pool" ?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
vivekrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have done the update and done ipconfig/release and took the snapshot. But still the recompose failed, same error as above.

0 Kudos
vivekrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

---  How assign IP means, static or Dynamic ?

---   The agent and connection server is same version.

---  Any Ideas...

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Is there any DHCP server for IP assigning or you must add manual IP address for each deployed desktop (VM)

Also, you must check the following port connectivity for each of the provisioned VMs.

TCP 4001 /4002 for View Agent

and all of the related agents must be setup and run after provisioning!.

At last check these port connectivity between View Connection server and vCenter/Composer: 443, 80 and 18443

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos