VMware Cloud Community
cullenh
Contributor
Contributor

Backup fails

Author : Doreen Kasson

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.install.doc/GUID-8C9D5260-291C-44E...

Topic Name : Back up a vCenter Server Appliance by Using the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface

Publication Name : vSphere Installation and Setup

Product/Version : VMware vSphere/6.5

Question :

I'm trying to back up my vcenter appliance via the web UI and I'm getting a permission error creating the back up folder.  The credentials I am using are a domain account with full administrator rights to the SMB share.   2019-09-30T21:22:40.559 [MainProcess:PID-20296] INFO: Successfully mounted the cifs share //505veeam1.corp.vnw.com/backups/vcenter at /storage/remote/backup/cifs/505veeam1.corp.vnw.com/lQsjCJ1C/jhsuSGQm 2019-09-30T21:22:40.561 [MainProcess:PID-20296] ERROR: BackupManager encountered an exception: Failed to create provided backup folder: /storage/remote/backup/cifs/505veeam1.corp.vnw.com/lQsjCJ1C/jhsuSGQm/vCenter/sn_vcenter.corp.vnw.com/M_6.7.0.40000_20190930-212120_; err: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/storage/remote/backup/cifs/505veeam1.corp.vnw.com/lQsjCJ1C/jhsuSGQm/vCenter'

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> The credentials I am using are a domain account with full administrator rights to the SMB share. 

Do you know which account the Veeam job uses ?

0 Kudos
cullenh
Contributor
Contributor

There is no Veeam job in this situation.  I'm using the built-in backup on the vcenter appliance.  I'm just using a veeam server as the repository.  Thx.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

That does not matter - question is the same ...

0 Kudos
cullenh
Contributor
Contributor

I am using the same account for both.

0 Kudos