VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Strange performance issue introduced with 7.10 causing a temporary display lag

I recently upgraded from 7.9 to 7.10, and I'm noticing that when I connect to a persistent VDI, there is a significant display lag for a few minutes. For example, when opening applications or dragging a window looks like a slideshow. When I move the mouse around my desktop, there is a delay before the icons get highlighted. It's not a massive delay, I'd say it's closer to half a second or a couple hundred milliseconds, but it's absolutely noticeable. Even Youtube video looks like a slideshow (but the audio sounds normal). Then after maybe 5 minutes or so, it completely clears up, and there is no longer any perceptible delay for the duration of the session.

I'm using Blast and I have the 7.10 agent, 5.2 client, and this VDI also has a GRID card.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oliober
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I noticed the same issue.

You have to remove the Nvidia Card from the parent vm.

I choose the following way solve the issue.

1. Uninstall Nvidia Driver

2. Uninstall VMware Horizon Agents

3. Remove PCI Shared Device (Nvidia Grid Card)

4. Install VMware Agents

5. Add Shared Device Nvidia Grid Card.

6. Install Nvidia Driver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
oliober
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I noticed the same issue.

You have to remove the Nvidia Card from the parent vm.

I choose the following way solve the issue.

1. Uninstall Nvidia Driver

2. Uninstall VMware Horizon Agents

3. Remove PCI Shared Device (Nvidia Grid Card)

4. Install VMware Agents

5. Add Shared Device Nvidia Grid Card.

6. Install Nvidia Driver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm going to try that, thanks. That's quite a lot of steps for each VM... did you test reinstalling the nvidia driver without removing the card?

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No luck, the issue persists after removing the GRID card and reinstalling all the drivers. I might need to update the nvidia GRID drivers for ESX and guest VMs, because I see that nvidia released an updated driver this month

0 Kudos