VMware Communities
phoneder
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion regularly shows "Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to"

Hi!

It seems that your product is simply broken on Mac. It regularly shows this message, the support forums are borderless useless for this problem and sometimes it's possible to fix it by deleting all files from the system, in ways that VMware doesn't even document on the website. The support website says that there is no support for the product, but as a European I have a right to be supported under "Gewährleistung" which you can't deny. Please refund my license or react to the problem in a meaningful way.

What I have done to fix this:

- time consumingly erase everything related to vmware including kernel modules from the system, then reinstall (this helped sometimes, sometimes it was way more elaborate)

- try all kinds of other steps from VMware's own instructions to uninstall or re-install (which are all incomplete for this version of VMware fusion)

- try all kinds of instructions on VMware forums and stackoverlow to solve specifically this project

I'm currently sick of this error happening right when I need to use the software at some random point in time. I'm also sick of VMware releasing new versions, while the old versions are all completely broken.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 19.50.47.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi phoneder ,

Could you upload vmware.log in VM bundle? Thanks.

0 Kudos