VMware Cloud Community
Rakesh002
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to delete datastore

Hi,

I am trying to delete the datastore and while deleting it's giving error message has Datastore still in use.

We have unmounted from the all the Host and no vm's are running in the datastore.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Try delete from root

connect direct on host by vc/ui client

or reboot host then delete

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
MeharC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If you have checked from your side ..datastore not in use anywhere and still you are getting error So now you can check with the same with your storage team .is it removed from their side or not.

As I was getting issue few days back then I discussed with storage team and they reclaim the same lun from their side and its got resolved.

0 Kudos
vmtechwpg
Contributor
Contributor

There is a good chance it is in use still.

Check under VM's and make sure no VM's are running.

Check under Tempates to make sure you got them too.

Next Check under "files" This is usually what's stopping you.

Do you have any directory's with .locker-hostname?

Do you have any directory's with global-hostname?

If so look at the date modified. You may need to go into the folder and look at the actual files in there.

under the host, configure, advanced system settings

global-hostname is changed at .syslog.global.logdir

.locker-hostname is changed at ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation

I have seen this bee the issue MANY times. Especially if you are new to the infrastructure.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Does any of your VM's have an image (ISO, FLP) attached to it's virtual CD-ROM/Floppy disk drive, which is (or has been) stored on this datastore? If yes change the VM's settings, and remove the reference to the image.

Note that VM's with snapshots, where the snapshot was created with an image attached to the VM, may cause the same effect. In such a case you'll need to delete the snapshot.

André

0 Kudos