6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2019 5:29 AM by rdauchy59

html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional

hwaltari Novice

All,

I've got a strange situation with vsan services -pane (cluster: configure > vsan > services). This is latest vcsa, version 6.7.0 Build: 14368073.

The actual task that drove me here was to disable "Network diagnostics mode" under "performance services". The only functional workflow here is "advanced options", the pane loads and you can change settings. "Performance service" and "vsan iscsi target service" have frozen onto loading-status. The other two workflows will open the pane but it is stuck onto loading (circle rotating...). A reboot of the vcsa did not resolve the situation. It is not browser, user nor computer related as more than one were tested. Also all data was removed from the browser, with no help. It is more likely client related as the flash-client works well. Of course workflows differ and eg desired function to disable network diagnostics does not exist on the flash client. Now, how to remediate the problem? And, is there a cli command to disable "Network diagnostics mode"?

Please find below a couple of screenshots which clarify the situation.

Edit: moved question to vcenter appliance as it is more likely appropriate here.

• 1. Re: html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional
          TheBobkin Virtuoso
          vExpertVMware Employees

Hello hwaltari ,

It is likely you are encountering this known issue:

VMware Knowledge Base

Please confirm from the information in the KB and associated logs.

Fixes for this have been implemented and will be included in an upcoming patch.

Bob

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional
            hwaltari Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. This enviroment has been originally 6.0, propably U1. Definetely not anything in 5.x. ESXi hosts are still on 6.7 U2, build 13644319.

I checked the symptoms mentioned in the KB article and those do match also my enviroment, so propably the issue is broader than originally suspected.

I can see in the log messages described in the KB article

[2019-09-24T11:55:39.996+03:00] [ERROR] tp-nio-127.0.0.1-5090-exec-6  com.vmware.vsan.client.services.ProxygenController service method failed to invoke java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

On the other hand messages like "Authentication information for the specified site is missing" do not exist.

• 3. Re: html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional
              rdauchy59 Lurker

Hello,

I have the same issue, but flex client does not work well in my case...

Is the fix exist or should we wait for patch ? It's a big issue to not be able to see the VSAN health....

Regards

• 4. Re: html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional
                rdauchy59 Lurker

Hello Bob,

Is there any ETA for the next patch, can support be able to fix the issue before the patch ?

• 5. Re: html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional
                  TheBobkin Virtuoso
                  VMware EmployeesvExpert

Hello rdauchy59

Welcome to (posting on) Communities.

I understand that it can be problematic not having the full range of options available and this is why the fixes have been worked on extremely actively by our Engineering and GSS teams - but the fact remains that we can't ship updates instantly as soon as one issue is resolved as vCenter is tied into so many things and a lot of testing and other things changed in parallel go into a patch.

While there are *technically* feasible ways of applying workarounds to this issue, this is not advised as my understanding is that it can have knock-on impacts on other VMware products (varying widely depending what is deployed/in-use) - this is not a straight-forward process - do this the proper way and wait for the patch, I can't publicly give a date for this at present but I will update here when I can do so.

Bob

• 6. Re: html5 client, vsan > services pane dysfunctional
                    rdauchy59 Lurker

Hello TheBobkin

I understand the reason and i agree with that, it's just that my e installed a new infrastructure with 10 nodes VxRail stretch, and he can't use it because of this bug...

Without an exact ETA, it will take weeks or months ? Because if it's month my customer won't wait i think

Anyway, thank you for answering my question, it's good to know that there is a fix !

Romain