Thanks for the suggestion. This enviroment has been originally 6.0, propably U1. Definetely not anything in 5.x. ESXi hosts are still on 6.7 U2, build 13644319.
I checked the symptoms mentioned in the KB article and those do match also my enviroment, so propably the issue is broader than originally suspected.
I can see in the log messages described in the KB article
[2019-09-24T11:55:39.996+03:00] [ERROR] tp-nio-127.0.0.1-5090-exec-6 com.vmware.vsan.client.services.ProxygenController service method failed to invoke java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
On the other hand messages like "Authentication information for the specified site is missing" do not exist.
I have the same issue, but flex client does not work well in my case...
Is the fix exist or should we wait for patch ? It's a big issue to not be able to see the VSAN health....
Is there any ETA for the next patch, can support be able to fix the issue before the patch ?
Welcome to (posting on) Communities.
I understand that it can be problematic not having the full range of options available and this is why the fixes have been worked on extremely actively by our Engineering and GSS teams - but the fact remains that we can't ship updates instantly as soon as one issue is resolved as vCenter is tied into so many things and a lot of testing and other things changed in parallel go into a patch.
While there are *technically* feasible ways of applying workarounds to this issue, this is not advised as my understanding is that it can have knock-on impacts on other VMware products (varying widely depending what is deployed/in-use) - this is not a straight-forward process - do this the proper way and wait for the patch, I can't publicly give a date for this at present but I will update here when I can do so.
I understand the reason and i agree with that, it's just that my e installed a new infrastructure with 10 nodes VxRail stretch, and he can't use it because of this bug...
Without an exact ETA, it will take weeks or months ? Because if it's month my customer won't wait i think
Anyway, thank you for answering my question, it's good to know that there is a fix !
Thanks for the info.
My vcenter is now at:
I still have the same issue as described in the original post.
I have tested again with different computers (Mac / Win) and different browsers (Firefox / Chrome) and the pane loads itself indefinetely.
Would be really useful if somebody would capture the commands ( developer center > code capture ) how to either turn on network diagnostic mode or turn it off, I could then replicate the commands in my environment and get perhaps rid of the issue.
I confir that my customer still face the issue after upgrading to vcenter 6.7 U3a, the problem show in all page that should display VSAN information, if you try to see object placement for exemple, it show the same error as before :
This bug is really annoying even if it don't impact VSAN itself...
On logs we still see the same errors that's explain in the KB related to this issue.
We are not the only one to face this issue, you can see more people impacted on this page : https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/cxbk24/vsan_67u3_error_failed_to_extract_requested_data/
Is the support searching for a patch again ?
Please open a Support Request with vSAN team for us to properly troubleshoot this issue - as I have said here/elsewhere, it is possible to have the same symptoms for other reasons than what were fixed in the patch and these need to be properly investigated and identified as opposed to making assumptions that the patch did not fix X or Y.
We opened an SR to VMware yesterday and the problem was solved this morning, customer told me that the support used a python script to put service name in lower case instead of uppere case...
It was what the release note of 6.7 U3a said :
- vSAN UI does not appear in vSphere Client after upgrade to 6.7 Update 3If your vCenter Server system was originally at version 5.5 or earlier, the server UUID is in uppercase. When you upgrade to 6.7 Update 3, this causes a problem that blocks the vSAN UI from appearing in the vSphere Client.
So it should have been corrected with this patch
Anyway, for those with this problem, open a support case
No sorry i don't know what they did, it's my customer who said it was resolved but i don't know exactly what they did.
You have to open an SR and they will help you for sure.