Good afternoon community!
I'm reaching out in hopes that I can get help with an issue we are having. Now, before we go too deep, I would like to simply mention that I'm not a vRA/VMWare SME in my enterprise. I'm working with my colleague who wears that hat. For my part, I would be the SCCM SME. So, safe to say that we are working very very closely to get this whole thing working.
Now, before we implemented vRA, we would basically install our servers from scratch using SCCM's built in OSD feature.
We are trying to eliminate all the manual effort we need to do before and after that with vRA.
So... We are able to provision a virtual machine and the network boot is successfully picked up by SCCM. Reading all the documentation we could find on the matter, we:
- Downloaded the 64 bit "Guest Agent Installers" from our https://hostnameFQDN/software/index.html
- Extracted the EXE locally on the SCCM
- In SCCM, imported the package from definition file, pointed to the "SCCMPackageDefinitionFile.sms" we created the package
- We distributed the package to the appropriate DP
- Added the program that was created with the package in step 3 as the last step in our Server task sequence
From there, we provision a VM from the appropriate Catalog. The VM gets created. The Task sequence starts and actually, even finishes without any errors. Validation in the SMSTS.log file does indeed indicate that the action completed with a success code 0.
But.... the vRealize Automation console seems to stay "In progress..." and eventually times out and deletes the Virtual Machine.
Where do I start looking? I can't seem to find any logs spefically to the vCAC Guest agent vbs. Should I be passing any variables in my Task Sequence? One piece of pertinent information I would say is that when the computer object is created in SCCM, there is 2 variables that are created "Vrm.ProxyAgent.Uri" and "VrmProxyAgentUri" both with the same URL.
Anyway! Any help you can toss my way would be greatly appreciated!!!