2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 8:06 PM by MLSCO

What is Best Sequence to Upgrade VMWare Fusion 8.5 to 11, upgrade Mac OS from High Sierra to Mojave, Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10?

MLSCO Novice

This question is similar to a previous community discussion that inquired about installing Mojave in VMWare 11 on an older MacBook Pro (see reference). In my case, I currently use VMware 8.5 to run Windows 7 on a 2016 MacBook Pro with High Sierra and now looking to upgrade the Mac OS, VMWare and Windows in a short time frame.  Is there a recommended sequence to the upgrades that will minimize problems with upgrading all three?  I would like to simply upgrade VMware from 8.5 to 11.1.1 using my High Sierra OS.  Then I would upgrade my OS from High Sierra to Mojave with VMWare 11 already installed.  The last step would be to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 in the VMWare 11.1.1 running under Mojave OS. Is this a reasonable sequence or will it create problems? What would be a better sequence?  Appreciate any guidance you can share as to how to best make this complete transition work smoothly.

Is VMWare Fusion 11 running on an old Mac Pro (without Metal support) able to install Mojave?