There's no really convenient way to do this, at the moment. "Re-importing" settings mid-session has the risk of overwriting settings that have changed since logon.
For this particular case, you could do something like the following:
- Create a new Flex config file; let's call it Test.ini for this discussion.
- On the Advanced tab, uncheck the Process during logon and logoff checkbox.
- Add two (or more) predefined settings definitions, of type Fully Enforced Settings. Put conditions on each (based on the endpoint name, for instance) so that each applies to a particular case you want to target.
FlexEngine.exe -r DoesNotMatter.zip -i "%UEMConfigShare%\Test.ini" can be used to process just that particular config file. As we're only interested in the predefined settings (i.e. we're not importing any profile archive), the profile archive name (the -r argument) really does not matter.
You can then run this as a custom command from a triggered task.
OK. That looks like an acceptable method...although the next Dynamic Environment Manager Admin may scratch his/her head trying to determine what's going on with that. I'll fully document!
I'll give that a try and let you know how it works out.
I figured you'd like real-world examples of the product usage, so that you know what to plan for in future versions!
Thanks again for your assistance!
Sounds good, JohnTwilley!
I definitely appreciate the real-world examples; thanks!
Just a few more notes/thoughts (I rushed my previous response a bit because I had to join a call):
- The -r ... -i ... example I gave will log to the "normal" log file. You can add -f path to another log file to override that, of course.
- There's no need to define that "special" Flex config file with predefined settings in your "normal" configuration share. Those files could live in another location (possibly managed via a different environment in the Management Console) – as long as you point to the correct path via that -i argument, the DEM agent does not care. If you do that, disabling processing at logon and logoff is no longer required.
Not sure whether this makes it easier or harder for the next Dynamic Environment Manager admin , but wanted to point it out nonetheless.
Worked like a charm !
I setup the following command to run as a Custom Task on re-connection. Works great.
I've never played around with the Predefined Settings -> Settings Types before.... I guess it's time to investigate further!
FlexEngine.exe -r DynamicDEVsMatter.zip -i "%UEMConfigShare%\Windows Settings\ScreenSaverTrigger.ini
Happy to hear that it worked, and I just might have to build in some easter eggs into the DEM agent for certain profile archive names