VMware Communities
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 600,000 milliseconds timeout on connection http-outgoing-227 [ACTIVE] When hosts try to connect to an iSCSI disk in Windows Server after suspension state in Workstation

Hi,

I have deployed this setup in Workstation.

Workstation - 15.1.0 build-13591040

VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-6.7.0.32000-14070457

VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.7.0.update02-13006603

As of the last 3 same deployments I have observed the following.

Once the deployment was complete and I put all the VMs (1 Windows Server, 1 vCenter, 3 ESXi) into suspended state, and resume after some hours, my understanding is that they remain in the last state which is working. However, I'm observing the same behavior, the iSCSI disk shows as either disconnected which once connected works fine. However, if the disk shows as connected and I try to access the disk content from vCenter vSphere client, the contents are inaccessible, i receive the error java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 600,000 milliseconds timeout on connection http-outgoing-227 [ACTIVE].

The screen looks as below, keeps on connecting till it throws the timeout error.

viSrvr-2019-09-06-07-34-19.png

viSrvr-2019-09-06-07-36-24.png

Any thoughts what the issue might be, and what logs to check.

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The only solution working solution I could mange to find is to rescan the adapter once the VMs are resumed from suspended state for the ESXi hosts to reconnect to the iSCSI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After checking everything, I came to know that once ESXi hosts resume from suspended state they appear not connected to the iSCSI disk in windows server.

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The only solution working solution I could mange to find is to rescan the adapter once the VMs are resumed from suspended state for the ESXi hosts to reconnect to the iSCSI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos