VMware Cloud Community
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hypervisor Evaluation Licence Expired & VMs Not Working

Hey Guys,

I have a Mac Pro Server and we have installed ESXi 6.7. This was licensed with a 60-day Evaluation License, it has now expired and we also have noticed that the 2 Mac VDIs that were running on this host are not booting up. One is stuck at the Apple logo screen and the other is stuck in a reboot loop. I have a free licence that I got from VMwares site and assigned that to the ESXi host, but still the VDIs are stuck. Would this be a licence issue or would it be something else?

Thanks

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
asajm
Expert
Expert

Hi ChrisC6

Can you give us an error?

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Asajm,

No obvious errors are present. This is an unmanged ESXi Mac Host, not managed in vCenter. I hadn't logged in to this host in a while but when I did I noticed the licence expired and the 2 VMs would not boot up. I was just wondering if the licence would have caused this 😕

I got a free licence and applied that to see if it would allow the VMs to boot up but no luck.

The VMs are on a datastore on Netapp and even the snapshots on Netapp are gone which is odd, so maybe this is not a licence issue. I'm just troubleshooting and trying to rule out obvious issues.

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
asajm
Expert
Expert

Yes, I think it's not a license issue.

Are there other VMs running in your Netapp storage?

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please move to vSphere.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership