VMware Cloud Community
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vsan_object

Hi vsan Team,

could someone suggest me on the folowing .

below vm is configured on vsan datastore with default storage policy .

also there are three objects vmnamespace,vdisk,vmswap .

i am seing 58.10 GB is the the provisioned space .

since vsan default policy is unisng raid 1 as fault tolerence .

i was expecting 2 times the size of vmdk+plus some overhead as the provisioned size (ie close to 112GB) .

can someone expain above.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello jvm2016

Default SP is thin-provisioned and FTT=1 with FTM=RAID1, so a vmdk used space will be 2x the used space, not the provisioned space.

Validate you get similar values in the UI e.g. on the summary tab of the VM, the 'Storage Usage' should be the cumulative value of all vmdk disks (including replicase) + .vswp + any usage in namespace.

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello jvm2016

Default SP is thin-provisioned and FTT=1 with FTM=RAID1, so a vmdk used space will be 2x the used space, not the provisioned space.

Validate you get similar values in the UI e.g. on the summary tab of the VM, the 'Storage Usage' should be the cumulative value of all vmdk disks (including replicase) + .vswp + any usage in namespace.

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks Bob I m checking this.

0 Kudos
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

thnaks bob .as yu mentioned used space is cumullative so it has already taken into account the  space for replica and overhead .

0 Kudos