VMware Communities
Innerchaos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you help with Strange Issues after upgrading OS to Mojave

I rarely upgrade because whenever you upgrade nothing ever works again....so begins my plight

I just upgraded to Mojave. then I tried to go to each of my VM's and none of them were responsive to input from keyboard or touchpad.

If I use the Send Key feature the system, ( VM ) sees that key stroke or combination eg Ctrl-Alt-Del

if I run in Unity I can use the system normally - everything works.

I was running Version 8.XX of VMware but figured there was some compatibility issue with Mojave so I upgraded to 11.xx

Same problem the VM's only work in Unity.  I run 3 OS's on vm for various machines and prefer to run in full screen mode.

BTW same goes for Single window mode no response from keyboard or mouse...

Also the pointer changes from an Arrow to a Hand when I start the VM in either Fullscreen or Singlewindow ,

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Innerchaos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured it out finally

For some reason the Mouse Button or touchpad left click was locked as pressed....

I ended up seeing a message flash for the briefest of seconds on the Title Bar of the Single VIew screen that said to release mouse button click CTRL and Command.

I clicked Control and Command and voila all works as designed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please see if the following thread helps:

Keyboard and Mouse not working in VMWare Fusion guests

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Innerchaos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This did not work for me. I ensured that System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy : has VMWare Fusion checked ( allow the apps below to control your computer )

I shut down VMware completely and then restarted - still the same result

I even went ahead and installed a new OS or VM and the same exact result.

when the OS is booting it starts normal and then once it is completely up the Pointer changes to a hand and I cannot interact with the VM

as soon as I change to Unity I can interact and work with the VM

0 Kudos
Innerchaos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured it out finally

For some reason the Mouse Button or touchpad left click was locked as pressed....

I ended up seeing a message flash for the briefest of seconds on the Title Bar of the Single VIew screen that said to release mouse button click CTRL and Command.

I clicked Control and Command and voila all works as designed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Hmm... the only "Control+Command" key press I know about is the one from VMware that allows you to leave the VM.

That is almost always only needed if you did not install VMware Tools in the guest, as moving in and out of the guest works transparently after installing VMware Tools.

Could it be that you have not yet installed VMware Tools?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos