VMware Cloud Community
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vsphere 6.7 Hardware certification

Hi,

Is there an easy to check and ensure that all you hardware supports vSphere 6.7 U3?  I know that is the VMware hcl page but for a large virtual fleet i would of thought there would an easy way.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Hello,

The VMware Compatibiliy Guide is the best destination: VMware Compatibility Guide - System Search

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

yes i am aware of that page but i dont want to do that for every single ESXi host in the environment where there are different model servers (different CPUs, HBA and NIC cards etc). I would of thought if there is a way that export all your host information then import it into the supportability guide

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Hello,

It is so difficult to find something like that, because in almost cases we have to not check only the server model compatibility, we have to go deeply on network card model and driver version, storage controller model and firmware version, HBAa model and drivers...... etc

I recommend to use this page for each host and each item in any host.

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What do people do when they manage 1000's of ESXi hosts? Surely they would all be different in that case and there would be an easier way

0 Kudos
Kev_Johnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi Compatibility Checker

Point it at vCenter, tell it which version you want to check compatibility against, profit!

0 Kudos