This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
1) Here's how to configure VMDirectPath I/O VMware Knowledge Base
Note: When the device is assigned, the virtual machine must have a memory reservation for the full configured memory size.
- VMware does not provide support for backup tape drives and tape library devices or their functionality on ESXi/ESX hosts.
- The functionality of the tape library and the backup software in conjunction with VMware ESXi/ESX is partner-supported.
- VMware assumes that the third-party vendor has completed necessary validation to support this configuration in a production environment.
- VMware does not maintain a hardware compatibility guide that includes tested tape devices.
Source: VMware Knowledge Base