VMware Cloud Community
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Resource Type empty when Assigning Resource Action

I am using the built in workflow "Remove old Snapshot" and attempting to assign it as a Resource Action.  Easy enough, but I am encountering an error when assigning the Input Resource.

The drop down for Resource type is blank and giving me the below error.  Do I need to modify something within the custom action itself? 

pastedImage_2.png

Workflow: Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Snapshot > Remove old snapshot

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sany_1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what is your input for Remove Old Snapshot workflow ?

0 Kudos
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I run the workflow through vRO the below input parameters are requested.  However, when I try to set it via vRA the input parameter is grayed out. 

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

bump
0 Kudos
Sany_1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to have an input for resource on which you do this snapshot removal operation.

:Input type example: CatalogResource

Then you can map this input with vcaccafe resource.

0 Kudos
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, where  in vRO would I insert that input resource?   I am looking at inputs tab is that the correct location, and below parameters since I want to remove old snapshots of VMs?

Parameter = vm

Type = VC:VirtualMachine

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quick update on this. 

I ended up adding a new parameter for VC:VirtualMachine (shown in attachment).  Now I am getting a value within vRA screen to add the resource action.  

However, when I run the workflow the below error is received.  Not sure what host or  NTP they are referring to because all of my other workflows run fine.  Any thoughts ? 

"Unable to communicate with the remote host, since it is disconnected. (Workflow:Copy of Remove old snapshots / Check host and VC time (item14)#16)"

0 Kudos
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quick update on this. 

I ended up adding a new parameter for VC:VirtualMachine (shown in attachment).  Now I am getting a value within vRA screen to add the resource action.  

However, when I run the workflow the below error is received.  Not sure what host or  NTP they are referring to because all of my other workflows run fine.  Any thoughts ? 

"Unable to communicate with the remote host, since it is disconnected. (Workflow:Copy of Remove old snapshots / Check host and VC time (item14)#16)"

0 Kudos
mulliganesx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quick update on this. 

0 Kudos