VMware Communities
michaelerice
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro 15 - Clearing Accelerate 3D While Creating New VM

I recently downloaded Workstation Pro 15 for evaluation. While creating a Windows 10 64-bit guest virtual machine, I selected "customize hardware" before completion. I then cleared the option for "accelerate 3d", which displayed the error window with "unknown error" as the text. I am unable to continue at this point; I have to open task manager and end task VMware Workstation. My host operating system is Windows 10, version 1903, 64-bit. I also tried to create a Windows 10 32-bit guest with the same results. I did not try any others operating systems.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cbrand
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, regardless which type of guest I create...cannot un-check 3D acceleration without crashing Workstation Pro 15.1.0.  Host is Win10 1809.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

If you create a new VM with "create new VM wizard" do NOT use the "customize hardware" button -
instead close the wizard and then open the VM and modify what ever you need to via the menu: "VM > Settings "
Unfortunately thats a bit tricky if you use "easy install"

0 Kudos