VMware Cloud Community
comr
Contributor
Contributor

instalation order for large environments

Author : Doreen Kasson

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vcenter.install.doc/GUID-B64AA6D3-40A1-4E3...

Topic Name : Overview of the vSphere Installation and Setup Process

Publication Name : vCenter Server Installation and Setup

Product/Version : VMware vSphere/6.7

Question :

The instalation order for large environments is wrong. Now that vsphere supports vcsa with embedded psc in linked mode and external pscs are being deprecated the order should be: deploy or install vcsa with and embedded psc -> deploy or install the next vcsa with and embedded psc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I believe it still holds true. Since its deprecated, from next major version onward, there would no external PSC. But till then and in current 6.7, external PSCs are there and will be used. Hence, its being shown as an option and you do have a choice to deploy whatever model you deem fit for your environment.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
comr
Contributor
Contributor

You're right. But I think that diagram shoud then include the other options like "setup esxi -> deploy or install vcenter server with an embedded platform sevices controller -> deploy or install aditional vcenter server with an embedded platform sevices controller"

I said this because in vsphere 6.5 this topology (2 vcenters with embedded psc joined in linked mode) was not recomended and since 6.7 this is the recomended one. I think this sould be stated in this page.

0 Kudos