Is it possible for you to migrate the Host 1 VM's to host 2 and host 3 and remove the host 1 from VC??
So in that case you need to take the server downtime.
Present the datastore to new host and shutdown the server on host 1 >> remove from inventory. Connect to the host 4 and register the virtual machine. Once all the VM's powered on host 4 remove the host 1 and add the host 4.
But if you are using DVS then it will create problem!!!
How I do that?
...Present the datastore to new host.....
Thanks a lot!!
Are you using iSCSI/FC or local datastore?
Host1 -> Dell R710 with 2 local Datastores
Ohhh!!! So in this case you need to perform V2V of the virtual machines to new host.
1 person found this helpful
What may be an option is to:
- temporarily remove one either host 2, or host 3 from the vCenter Server environment
- add host 4 (in evaluation mode)
- migrate VMs from host 1 to host 4
- remove host 1
- assign the free license to host 4
- add the other host back to the environment
Thanks a lot to everyone for take a minute to help me!.