2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2019 11:13 AM by mach170

Agent Needs Reboot on one pool

mach170 Lurker

I've recently been having an issue with one of my desktop pools getting an 'Agent needs reboot' error on random VM's. My setup has 3 non-persistent linked-clone pools all based from the same Golden Master image. The Horizon Standard install is version 7.8. The agent on the golden master is version 7.8.0-12599301.

Two of the pools (115 VMs) are refreshing and provisioning just fine without issues. The third pool (21 VMs) using the same settings as the other two, just a different name, constantly has 1-3 VMs showing the 'Agent needs reboot' when the VMs are refreshed or recomposed.

I've even deleted and recreated the pools and it is still the same pool that gets the errors. Rebooting the VM fixes the issue most times.

I'm at a loss as to why it is this one pool that gets the error.

Any advice on what to look for in the logs and which logs?

• 1. Re: Agent Needs Reboot on one pool
          ashsevenuk80 Novice

Hi,

I would uninstall, reboot and reinstall the view agent on the master/gold image. also ensure its in line with the version of Horizon you're running. So, agent 7.9 with Horizon view version 7.9....

Hope that helps

Please give a thumps up if the above is helpful or tag as correct if the above fixes your issue.

Regards

Arshad

• 2. Re: Agent Needs Reboot on one pool
            mach170 Lurker

Arshad,

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried what you suggested and I still get the 'Agent needs reboot' message on only the one pool. I ran the service.bat file to pull the logs from a VM in each pool. I'm in the process of comparing the logs, but there are so many. It's going to take a while.

Thanks,

Brent