VMware Horizon Community
MaorZo
Contributor
Contributor

Get VM Machines Refresh Date & Time

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to get a log file of our VDI machines with their last refresh time & date.

Is it possible to query by command or a script the ADAM Database for this purpose, or exporting this data to a file somehow?

My goal is to get this information and then read it by a script that will refresh this machines after 30 days (for example)

Any other ways will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

Maor.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
asajm
Expert
Expert

Hi

Maybe the link help you

VMware Knowledge Base

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
MaorZo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I'll check this KB.

0 Kudos
mchadwick19
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The Horizon API can get you all of this information and perform the actions for you.

Check out RetouwNL​​'s (I think I tagged the right guy)  blog here: https://www.retouw.nl/vexpert/horizon-view-apis-back-to-basics-part-1-connecting/

It has a great getting started on how to set up your environment to connect and how to set yourself up to gather the information.

Then go to the VMware github and grab the VMware.Hv.Helper module and it will provide many functions pre-built that should at least get you started.

There's many others in this community that are better versed in the API's than myself, but if y​ou need any help, ask away!

VDI Engineer VCP-DCV, VCP7-DTM, VCAP7-DTM Design
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Correct guy wrong account Smiley Wink but yes the easiest way to get that info is by using the vmware.hv.helper

0 Kudos