VMware Horizon Community
rabbah_ammar
Contributor
Contributor

VMware AppVolume Issue

8 July 2019

Using AppVolume 2.17

When trying to install Apps on the Provisioning VM (Win 10), Every installation goes wrong (Can't install any software).

I followed the installation guide so everything is perfect (compatibility with horizon, versions, steps, prerequisites,..........)

every time I tried to install software after entering the provisioning VM to provisioning mode, I got (you don't have permission to this location {C://program files/..........}

I tried to use several versions (2.1x) of AppVolumes but still same issue.

Update: 31 July 2019

I re-deployed the solution again using AppVolumes 2.15 which is compatible with Horizon 7.8.
Also, using Win Server 2012 R2 as an AppVolumes Manager and Win 10 version 1803 as a Provisioning VM which is compatible with AppVolumes 2.15

Unfortunately, I got the same issue ( can't install any software after the provisioning VM be in the provisioning mode).
at the normal state (when The provisioning VM before entering provisioning mode), I can install any software normally.
but once I created the AppStack from AppVolumes Manager and enter the provisioning VM in Provisioning mode, I can't install any software.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fetzi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rabbah,

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/606501

KB4487044 was the problem.

Best regards,

Sebastian