VMware Networking Community
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

NSX-T 2.4.1 2 pnics / nsx manager VM

Hey all - I'm hoping someone can help with this query.

Deploying NSX-T to a 3 node cluster, each host only containing 2 pnics, with an eventual aim of deploying NSX Edge. I've successfully managed to migrate all vmkernels over to the N-vDS, but have yet to unassign the second pnic from the old vswitch as the nsx manager node is utilising one of the portgroups on it.

I've moved other VM's into new segments on the hosts, but cannot seem to find a way to migrate the manager over so it sits on the single N-vDS that has been deployed. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but can't see how to do this. If I migrate it to the segment I've created, I instantly lose connectivity to it until I change the VM nic back to the old network. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, as it must be possible for a deployment where the hosts only have 2 pnics.

Could anyone advise on how to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have seen other reports of the exact same problem and although I have yet to test it the solution I would see is to manually deploy a new Manager VM using the OVF, add it to the cluster and then remove the old one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have seen other reports of the exact same problem and although I have yet to test it the solution I would see is to manually deploy a new Manager VM using the OVF, add it to the cluster and then remove the old one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When you say deploy a new manager, do you mean entirely standalone and straight on to the existing N-vDS, and then just plumb in the same VC to pick up all the same settings?

Edit - Ignore - just re-read your response!

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Deploying new managers manually as you suggested and joining them to the cluster worked a charm. Thanks very much for the recommendation - 100% spot on. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos