VMware Horizon Community
jingtai
Contributor
Contributor

Writable Volumes uia only + persistent disk ?

Hi

writable volumes uia+profile template give me lots problems, now i begin testing uia only template+ persistent disk approach. any one tried this approach yet ?

i would like keep outlook ost cache file and windows search index in the  persistent disk and allow user install application in the writable volume.  i think running UEM and writable volume together slow user login performance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I have no experience with combining writable volume and persistent disk. From a logical perspective I think it should not work because how can you filter the content between user installed profile settings within the writable and personal settings?

One of the disadvantages of using persistent disk would be that you must use dedicated assignment to specific vm's. so you cannot use the technology Instant clone.

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

I don't see a reason to use a persistent disk when you're using a writable volume. There are articles on moving the OST to a writable volume. As far as UEM + writable volumes..it's a great solution. UEM only really impacts login times when you don't use directflex for your app settings. When large amounts of settings are being imported during the login process is when you see those slow login times.

0 Kudos
jingtai
Contributor
Contributor

according to kb2151829, Persistent Disk with AppStacks and Writable Volumes (UIA Only template) is supported.

in this case redirect user data to the  Persistent Disk and redirect user app to uia only writable ?

0 Kudos