VMware Cloud Community
sandroalvesbras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Failback with SPPG

Hi,

I did the SRM training, but it does not show the configuration and failback steps.

I researched and found some blog and managed to do the setup.

However, I'm stuck in the step-by-step to make a correct failback in a (primary) drop-off scenario.

I simulated the (Vphere, Vcsa, Srm and Storage) shutdown of the primary site and run the recovery plan on the DR site successfully.

I noted: LUNS appear with a SNAP nomenclature, with says in training. But when I do the failback, it will be strange.

Now I want to connect the servers (Vphere, Vcsa, Srm and Storage) of the primary site again, to do the reprotection.

In this scenario I think it would be a basic procedure, the steps below:

1 - Remove (Rescan) Vsphere LUNs from the primary site;

2 - Remove VMs from Vsphere inventory;

3 - Failback of storage LUNs;

In SRM I would have to reconfigure the direction of (Save> Master).

But the plan is with DR running, can I use it by the protection group to enable reprotection?

Or is it better to create a new protection plan?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rshenoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello ,

Couple of  Questions to understand your scenario

• Did you perform planned migration or test recovery?
  • If you have performed planned migration,Was re-protect operation successful.?
0 Kudos
sandroalvesbras
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I performed a planned one.

I haven't reached this re-protection stage yet. I remember this option in training.

But my question is in rebuilding the main site, in case of a shutdown of the main site.

Imagine that I turned everything off at the main site and did a planned DR. Just hung up, didn't erase anything.

That is, do I have to reinstate the main site first (clean) to enable reprotec?

My goal is to show the end user how it works using a test server.

I want to show the end user what planned DR and reprotection will look like, but using only one test server.

Thank you.

0 Kudos