VMware Cloud Community
RKVJD
Contributor
Contributor

Getting "ordinal 4445 not found in C:\program files (x86)\vmware\vmware remote console\libcurl.dll" - Cannot open Remote Console via Web Client (flash) and Mozilla firefox 68.0

Can someone help? I did not found any logs on C: .. perhabs someone can tell me how i can set the debug mode.... its very anoying....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
metc
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same thing.  Started today (July 22, 2019)  I can still click on the little gear and open a web console if needed.  I ran a repair on the VMRC and it did nothing for the error.  Anyone?

0 Kudos
OB_IT63
Contributor
Contributor

Same here with FF 68.0.1. Repairing remote console doesn't work but launching it from Edge browser instead did work as a workaround.

0 Kudos
mcdlt1
Contributor
Contributor

Installing VMRC version 10.0.6 and updates/restart for Firefox has not resolved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
Sean0
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue on Firefox 68.0.2, no error message but VMRC fails to open in firefox, still works in IE. This wouldn't be an issue if the performance wasn't so much slower in IE. A repair of remote console 10.0.6 didn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Sean0
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if this will fix the issue for everyone here, but just wanted to post how I got it working in our environment.

I'm not sure if the culprit is firefox or the newest vmrc update, but apparently the application launcher settings in firefox are reset whenever the change occurs.

For us, the fix was to go into firefox options, under general scroll down to applications. Next, click on vmrc and using the drop down arrow select "use other...". Next, select browse and navigate to c:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Remote Console\ and select vmrc. This will remap vmrc windows to be launched through the vmrc application as prior to making this change, the application launcher just listed vmrc as "undefined" under the "use other" window. I hope it helps some of you.

0 Kudos