VMware Communities
miechovy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Accept UAC prompt via command line

Hello. I wonder is exist a way to manage via command line a pop-up window like UAC prompt for administrator privilages.

Can we enable auto-accept all popup window?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

That was not clear from your question.

Then the answer is No, you cannot suppress a UAC prompt if vmrun requires one to run.

That's not a vmrun limitation, but a Windows one and is due to how your host is configured.

If the host process that invokes vmrun is running with elevated credentials then you can start vmrun without invoking the UAC prompt.

That's exactly what the task scheduler solution I offered does.

It runs with elevated credentials and thus can run vmrun (or whatever) without triggering the UAC prompt.

See also:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-uac-prompts-for-specific-applications-493128966

--

Wil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use Task Scheduler.

On your task, General tab: check "run with highest privilege".

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
miechovy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I asked using by VMRUN command line.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

That was not clear from your question.

Then the answer is No, you cannot suppress a UAC prompt if vmrun requires one to run.

That's not a vmrun limitation, but a Windows one and is due to how your host is configured.

If the host process that invokes vmrun is running with elevated credentials then you can start vmrun without invoking the UAC prompt.

That's exactly what the task scheduler solution I offered does.

It runs with elevated credentials and thus can run vmrun (or whatever) without triggering the UAC prompt.

See also:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-uac-prompts-for-specific-applications-493128966

--

Wil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos