VMware Cloud Community
johnw230873
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wondering how many to is many SAN locks

Hi, running 21 hosts running 6.5 u3 and 3 running 6.7 u2b, we running all iscsi storage with approx 42 LUNS being from Compellent and 30 being from the Equallogic SANs. I have noticed during checks of the 6.7 hosts that all the hosts (including the 6.5) are receiving this type of alert.

DLX: 4312: vol 'FMG-PN-001-004', lock at 126537728: [Req mode 1] Checking liveness:

In a 5 minute period I receive about 148 cases of this across all hosts and most LUNs.

I can't seem to find any info on the web on expected values, I have seen some Articles on 5.5 that any is a bad number, is this correct.

Should I be concern?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VysakhNair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

johnw230873

I can see couple of threads on 5.x versions, Its better to raise a support ticket with VMware

VMware Knowledge Base

ESX/ESXi host locks a series of on-disk resource metadata structures delaying operations from other ...

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly. Vysakh Nair Blog - https://www.vxpert.in
0 Kudos
johnw230873
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ta Vysakh, thought I would throw something out here first and then head to support as it doesn't seem to effecting performance if no one ease had experience this in 6.5.

I read this KB which it look s like the above is taken from

0 Kudos
ashishsingh1508
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is just an info.

Is it impacting performance?

If not? ignore it if its just once in a while. This info just means that one host tried accessing the file while it was already locked by some other host.

Ashish Singh VCP-6.5, VCP-NV 6, VCIX-6,VCIX-6.5, vCAP-DCV, vCAP-DCD
0 Kudos