VMware Cloud Community
itx9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PSP - Change from Fixed to RR

hi folks,

I have many luns that are using Fixed PSP, so I want to know if it's safe to change on the fly to RR or what's the best procedure to change ?

PSP.png

Regards

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeepikaG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1st would be to check if the RR is supported by the array as PSP.

We can verify the same from VMware HCL as well

VMware Compatibility Guide - Storage/SAN Search

It's safe to change the PSP from Fixed to RR and change requires to be performed for each lun.

Or You can change the same by changing default PSP for SATP which requires restart to get the new PSP applied for existing LUN's

VMware Knowledge Base

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeepikaG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1st would be to check if the RR is supported by the array as PSP.

We can verify the same from VMware HCL as well

VMware Compatibility Guide - Storage/SAN Search

It's safe to change the PSP from Fixed to RR and change requires to be performed for each lun.

Or You can change the same by changing default PSP for SATP which requires restart to get the new PSP applied for existing LUN's

VMware Knowledge Base

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

as mentioned by Deepika its fine to change the PSP as long as the array supports it. But its safe to do when the VMs on the respective datastore are not running. Same recommended for VMs with RDMs. Some instabilities are observed when the VMs running with applications which are IO sensitive.

itx9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

DeepikaG​​ thank you, i think RR is supported because not all Lun are using fixed psp. I'll try to change and give you feedback.

Regards

Re: PSP - Change from Fixed to RR
DeepikaG

0 Kudos
itx9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

all right, Smiley Happy we don't use RDMs.

Thank you

0 Kudos
itx9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The array is on VMware HCL but i forget to mention that we use vPLEX and yes the vPlex also is on the HCL .

So, for test, I only changed 1 lun... so far nothing wrong i I'll set RR as default tomorrow.

I think that's all.

Thank you

0 Kudos