VMware Communities
Zongmin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Join the Workstation/Player/Fusion roadmap survey!

As the product development team for VMware Workstation/Fusion, we get lots of feature requests.

To make sure we are working on the highest priority features, we would love your input on some of the ideas that the team is considering for future releases.

Here is the survey link: Fill | VMware Workstation/Fusion Roadmap Survey

Join the survey and we look forward hearing from you!

- VMware Workstation/Fusion Team

4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Zongmin,

Thanks for giving us a chance to let us know what feature(s) we consider important!

It is a short survey and you can fill it out anonymous if you want.

Highly recommended.

There's also an option to sign up for participation in a feedback group if interested.

You know my #1 request already:

-The ability to temporarily pause the autoprotect mechanism so that Vimalin reliably can make backups of a VM which has autoprotect enabled.

Forgot to add it to the survey though. Smiley Happy

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Zongmin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks Wila! I hear youSmiley Happy

As I mentioned in the beginning of the survey, we need help from Workstation/Fusion users to define/vote the highest priority features. So we could work on those highest priority items first that will benefit more customers!

So for temporarily pause snapshot, besides Vimalin usercase, could you also help to think about other scenarios that might be more generic to other users?

Thanks,
Zongmin

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

There's a few that come to mind that aren't on the list (big thumbs up for dark mode and direct container virtualization)

- 3d acceleration in OSX guests (know that's unlikely given technical limitations, but hey, thought I'd toss it out).

- shrinking OSX guests

- gamma control in windows guests (niche feature, to allow older games like Dragon Age to function properly)

- Ability to directly use an external GPU in a windows guest (to overcome the inherent limitations of virtualization)

- faster suspend/resume

Thanks much for the chance to chime in.  I know you guys get pulled apart by your two user bases (consumers and enterprise), and juggling has to be a challenge.

wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Zongmin,

I did fill out the survey yesterday as soon as I heard about it. Smiley Happy

@ dlhotka, I take it you are aware about the macOS shrink feature via vmware-tools?

See: Shrink guest on hosted platform - VI-Toolkit

GPU Passthrough would be awesome, especially for macOS guests...

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos