VMware Cloud Community
webdude2000
Contributor
Contributor

Linking existing stand alone vCenter 6.7 appliances with embedded PSCs

I have 2 linked vcenters and 1 not linked.

I can't seem to find the process of linking the individual VC to the other VCs aside from during VC installation/deploymnet.

Surely there must be a simple way to do this?

Perhaps use the opposite of the old unregister command?

cmsso-util register --node-pnid Platform_Services_Controller_System_Name --username administrator@your_domain_name --passwdvCenter_Single_Sign_On_password

I was hoping to find a KB article but no luck.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

4 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Please find the detailed steps to repoint the VCSA to another VCSA with PSC (in other words repointing to a different SSO domain.) in following article.

Repoint vCenter Server with Embedded Platform Services Controller to Another vCenter Server with Emb...

-SD [vExpert 14-19,VCIX6-NV&DCV,RHCE]

https://pingforinfo.com

https://twitter.com/sreejeshd

webdude2000
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps SSO domain repoint?

cmsso-util domain-repoint -m pre-check --src-emb-admin Administrator --replication-partner-fqdn FQDN_of_destination_node --replication-partner-admin PSC_Admin_of_destination_node --dest-domain-name destination_PSC_domain

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

thats correct.

0 Kudos
vwaghule
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

cmsso-util domain-repoint -m pre-check --src-emb-admin Administrator --replication-partner-fqdn FQDN_of_destination_node --replication-partner-admin PSC_Admin_of_destination_node --dest-domain-name destination_PSC_domain

This will do the pre-check, add execute instead of pre-check to run the process of repoint, make sure you take power off snapshots for all three vCenters.

Execute command should be like this,

cmsso-util domain-repoint -m execute --src-emb-admin Administrator --replication-partner-fqdn FQDN_of_destination_node --replication-partner-admin PSC_Admin_of_destination_node --dest-domain-name destination_PSC_domain

Have a look at below doc, for information on conflicting data,

Repoint a Single Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain

0 Kudos