VMware Communities
mechaichezilla
Contributor
Contributor

Fullscreen not using full display

One of my VMs is behaving quite weirdly since today.

If I switch to fullscreen, the image is squashed vertically and I have a black bar at the bottom. But both the host and the guest are set to the regular 1080p resolution.

What's even stranger is, that my mouse is using the full resolution, so if I want to click on something at the lower part of the screen, I have to click below the elements, since the UI is using the full 1080p space, only the displayed image is scaled down. If I use windowed mode, it behaves normally. Also, if I switch to a higher resolution in the guest, it works fine, However, if I switch to a lower resolution, like 720p, the screens gets completely squashed to less than half of the screen, both vertically and horizontally.

If I turn off automatic display scaling in the VMs settings and reboot the guest, it works fine again, but I 'd rather have it in automatic scaling, since I use the VM on different machines with different screens from time to time.

Both, host and VM are running Windows 10.and I already tried repairing VMware tools and rebooting the guest with no success.

0 Kudos
0 Replies