VMware Communities
cesarcafe
Contributor
Contributor

Wish for Fusion12: accelerated Vulkan in Windows and Linux guests

I don't know if this is a proper place for posting what you'd like to see in the next Fusion versions, but, anyway, hoping asking for it will count as another vote for the feature:

Currently, the only feature I miss in Fusion is accelerated Vulkan in guests. I have started building multiplatform Vulkan apps in the Mac (yes, Vulkan runs through MoltenVK on the Mac), and, considering that I have a Windows+Linux cross-compiling environment on the Mac (I build everything on the Mac), being able to do a quick check of the executables in virtual machines is a must for me (of course, the final test always requires testing on the real thing, but quick tests on virtual machines are always a must for me).

Up to this moment, I was using OpenGL and OpenCL only, so this scheme worked great.

But now that I'm starting to support Vulkan, not having support for it in Windows and Linux guests is a serious showstopper.

In other words, if Fusion 12 supports accelerated Vulkan in Windows and Linux guests, I'll update. Otherwise, I'll stay at Fusion 11 (because Fusion 11 has everything I need but Vulkan support).

Kind regards,

César

0 Kudos
0 Replies