VMware Communities
MCaseyM
Contributor
Contributor

Mac Catalina and Fusion Has Black Screen

When will this be fixed? I'm unable to use the software on my laptop and to continue production of files.

The screen turns black when Fusion launches and cannot open any files.

Casey

143 Replies
phartog
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same and I don't like it, but working production on a beta is a mistake too !

0 Kudos
Chupacabrasz
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here.  I can see the OS screen in the preview section in the Fusion management console but actual VM display is black.  Fortunately this is not a production machine so I can live without my VMs for a little while until this gets sorted...

raistlinrtcw
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue but funnily enough it only started with the just released Public beta 2 for me on Catalina. It ran ok before hand though I did have to up the graphic memory on the win 10 machine at the time for it to display

0 Kudos
dima187
Contributor
Contributor

why do some say it works while other say it doesn? i have a black screen? on all my virtual machine? is there a certain steo that we are missing?

0 Kudos
raistlinrtcw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

So all of mine worked on the initial public beta , I have 8 linux and one windows. But after the 2nd public beta update I get black screen. So I have 2 machines , I have not updated the MacBook Pro and so it is on the first public beta and it runs and I can see VM's

0 Kudos
phartog
Contributor
Contributor

I just moved to the next public beta - 19A501 - and now the issue is solved

0 Kudos
raistlinrtcw
Contributor
Contributor

Thats interesting that's the one it stopped working for me on the Mac Pro

0 Kudos
dima187
Contributor
Contributor

it does not work the screen the blank, i have 2 VM machine and both screen come up blank completely, i went from beta 1-3 and nothing..... there has to be a fix

0 Kudos
raistlinrtcw
Contributor
Contributor

It seems there is some inconsistencies.

Lime I said fi all my vms work on my Mac when I was on first public beta. But not in 2nd. I have therefore held off on applying 2nd public beta to my MacBook Pro

quick question. Both of my machines were enrolled in the public beta for Mojave and both clean installs.
Did everyone have a clean install or update from earlier before Catalina.

0 Kudos
dima187
Contributor
Contributor

pastedImage_0.png

turn this off!!!! and now all my VM ware machines turn on! and boot up

0 Kudos
raistlinrtcw
Contributor
Contributor

On mine they aren't turned on by default so even playing with those and the accelerate 3d graphic etc make no difference for me

0 Kudos
Chupacabrasz
Contributor
Contributor

I just updated to 19A501i too and still have the black screen issue.

0 Kudos
enesgee
Contributor
Contributor

The VMs were working for me on Catalina Beta 1 and Beta 2, Now with Beta 3 - I only see a black screen, but can see the VM in the preview screen. I am on Build 19A501i. I tried increasing memory, disabling and enabling "Enable hypervisior applications in this virtual machine", accelerated graphics on and off and still its a black screen.

0 Kudos
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi guys,

Have you already tried to add VMware Fusion to the list in: System Preferences=>Security & Privacy=>Privacy=>Screen Recording?

Regards,

-Rick

MCaseyM
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I’ve tried all the options with no results. Seems Apple upgraded before all party’s were able to do the same.

0 Kudos
Chupacabrasz
Contributor
Contributor

It is a beta, odd behavior is to be expected.  VMWare and/or Apple will eventually get these working together - I am hoping maybe next beta does the trick.  I only upgraded my non-production home machine so it's not the end of the world but would like to have it working sooner rather than later.

0 Kudos
EduardoPartida
Contributor
Contributor

It Works for me!!  Thank´s a lot

0 Kudos
raistlinrtcw
Contributor
Contributor

HI

Yep that worked for me on my Mac Pro and my MacBook already had that set it explains why it didn't break on there.

0 Kudos
enesgee
Contributor
Contributor

Security & Privacy -> Screen Recording -> VMWare Fusion.app - Make sure it is checked. This fixed for me.

pastedImage_0.png