VMware Cloud Community
johnnyadavis02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRO workflow to add firewall rules to an NSX Edge

I need to create a vRO workflow to add a firewall rule to an existing NSX Edge.  Just to be clear, I do Not want to add a rule to the distributed firewall, I want to add it to an edge.

I took a stab at it, but am not finding the solution on my own, so far.  Can anyone provide details on how to do this?

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barjinders
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have you tried using the below method? It should work.

NSXEdgeManager.addFwRulesBetweenInterfaces(<|>?NSXConnection_connection , ?String_edgeId , ?NSXFirewallRules_firewallRules)

vRO API Explorer by Dr Ruurd and Flores of ITQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
barjinders
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have you tried using the below method? It should work.

NSXEdgeManager.addFwRulesBetweenInterfaces(<|>?NSXConnection_connection , ?String_edgeId , ?NSXFirewallRules_firewallRules)

vRO API Explorer by Dr Ruurd and Flores of ITQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

johnnyadavis02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah, this seems to be the best out of the box workflow.  It does not have all the features I need though.  I cannot specify a specific service or identify the source / destination by anything other than NIC.

It appears I would have to create a custom script first then use it in a vRO workflow.

For now, I am getting by with adding a vRA firewall rule that will be applied to all Edges, including new edges. 

0 Kudos