VMware Horizon Community
ashsevenuk80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AppVolume

Hi,

Can someone please advise me on the below

I'm packaging An App via a AppVolume server and a Windows 10 image.

As part of the install, the app needs to connect to the internet and download some plugins

I'm logged in as a Local Admin to the Windows 10 image, provisioning via the local admin account,  however the Local admin can not route out to the internet. only domain accounts with the correct privileges can do that. If i login with my domain account then AppVolume will not allow provisioning mode. the below prompt does not appear.

pastedImage_0.png

If i go to the AppVol Server and click on provision before log on to the Win10 machine then i dont get the above prompt. not placing the Windows 10 machine in to provisioning mode.

I guess what i'm asking is, can you only place a VM in to provisioning  mode while logged in as a local user?

Seems a little odd as i wouldn't have thought this to be the case.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BC559
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I have seen this it is usually when you have your package build machine on on a host that does not have access to the location of the template file you told the app manager to use for the app you are packaging. So in AppManager things will look normal but the template disk can't mount to the build machine.

Validate the host on which your package build machine resides has access to the storage location where your templates reside.

0 Kudos
BC559
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

...I read to quickly thought the issue was just that the provisioning windows didn't appear. Above is likely not applicable since it only happens when you logon as a different user.

0 Kudos
ashsevenuk80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thank you for taking a look

0 Kudos