VMware Cloud Community
Reaper83
Contributor
Contributor

User dcui@127.0.0.1 logged in as pyvmomi

Hi guys,

sorry if this might be a complete beginner question.

My first vSphere cluster did go live last week and everything is running smooth so far.

Today i noticed a lot of those logs on all the hosts. Can't figure out what this means and couldn't find much info on the net either.

User dcui@127.0.0.1 logged in as VMware-client/6.5.0

User dcui@127.0.0.1 logged in as pyvmomi

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Hardware is brandnew DellEMC (in case iDrac might be involed in this).

SSH and console are disabled on the hosts.

best regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ashishsingh1508
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This may be because of some automation using vmware API probably vim-cmd, which can generate login and logout events.

You can create your own remote C++ or pyVmomi VIM APi client that keeps the SOAP session cookie across invocations.

Ashish Singh VCP-6.5, VCP-NV 6, VCIX-6,VCIX-6.5, vCAP-DCV, vCAP-DCD
0 Kudos
Reaper83
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

thx a lot for your fast reply!

Indeed, the logs indicate "vim.event.UserLoginSessionEvent".

I'll do some researches on this. Any advice on where to find those automated jobs, crontab perhaps?

best regards.

0 Kudos
mapwiz
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Remote Console will generate these events. It uses the API to communicate with the vSphere server and the VM.

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hey, hope you are doing fine

DCUI@127.0.0.1 indicates that there is a local log in from console. The other two are services executed from that session.
(DCUI is the Direct Console User Interface --> the yellow and black interface you look when directly connected to the host)

Most likely it is a monitoring tool.
What you can do is enable lockdown mode strict and see if errors stop. Keep in mind that you will loose console access to that host as long as lockdown mode is enabled.

https://geek-university.com/vmware-esxi/lockdown-mode-explained/#:~:text=The%20Lockdown%20mode%20can...

mapwiz
Contributor
Contributor

These aren't "errors" exactly.   They're just annoying extra-verbose notifications.

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

you are correct

0 Kudos
ghrert
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I did this and the issue was fixed,

Thanks Nacho!

0 Kudos