VMware Horizon Community
vmstack
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7.1 - Automated Pool - Full Virtual Machines - Active Directory user can't log on

Hello,

We have a few automated Desktop pools setup with specific template for each pool ( like test00, dev00, qa00 etc.) . Recently I edited the dev pool setting for the maximum machines to add  2 machines. However after the 2 VMs got created, the horizon seems to have deleted the AD computer account dev00 and I see a new dev10 computer account in the AD. Per template, only dev00 account should be in AD. I think this account is needed to authentic the AD users on all machines in the pool.  Now the new machines can't talk to AD and the old machines after logging off, won't talk to AD anymore. I get this error -  "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship."

I don't know how to make horizon to create the dev00 account again.

Any idea about what is possible wrong somewhere and how to get back the dev00 account in AD ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmstack
Contributor
Contributor

No one has faced this problem?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are your templates joined to the domain? If so you need to exclude them from being tombstone and purged from AD.

0 Kudos
vmstack
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying.  I'm new to the VDI environment so please bear with me.  How do I check if the templates have joined to the domain? I thought the templates are for creating VMs only.  If the template is supposed to join the AD, then I would say test00 computer object must be in AD and all other VMs created with it must use this account to join the domain I guess?

Thanks

0 Kudos