VMware Communities
iceroot
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Workstation 15 Pro (GNU/Linux) does not Display CPU/Ram Usage when connected to an ESXi host

I updated to VMWare Workstation 15 Pro and i am using it to connect against 2 different ESXi Hosts (6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 11675023))

Since Workstation 15 i cant see the CPU/Ram Usage anymore. Its just not displayed.

pastedImage_0.png

Was that feature removed? Is this a bug in the product? or a local issue on my site?

When connecting directly to the Web-Interface of the ESXi Hosts i can see the CPU/Ram usage

pastedImage_1.png

I dont have a windows system here so i cant test VmWare Workstation on that system.

maybe someone of you was facing the same issue and have an idea how to solve it.

Best Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iceroot
Contributor
Contributor

These ports are mandatory:

• 22 - SSH (TCP)
  • 53 - DNS (TCP and UDP)
  • 80 - HTTP (TCP/UDP)
  • 902 - vCenter Server / VMware Infrastructure Client - UDP for ESX/ESXiHeartbeat (UDP and TCP)
  • 903 - Remote Access to VM Console (TCP)
  • 443 - Web Access (TCP)

PORT    STATE    SERVICE

903/tcp filtered iss-console-mgr

So the issue was the firewall

0 Kudos
iceroot
Contributor
Contributor

ok as it seems its not Port 903 because ESXi is not showing a single Daemon/Firewall Rule for that Port

0 Kudos
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We could not reproduce the issue. What Linux host are you using to run VMware Workstation?

0 Kudos
iceroot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bonnie,

thank you for testing.

Currently i am using Debian Buster (testing) so i think this is curretnly not a supported Host System

0 Kudos