VMware Cloud Community
rayw613
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.7 backup Activity list empty

Hi :

I have 3 VC all update to 6.7 last release..

I backup appliance to NFS server, backup schedule is working fine ( i can see backup folder and files in NFS Server), but in the Appliance Mamagement backup UI , it can't list backup Activity.

Does anyone have the same issue ?

Ray

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Bacchus20111014
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing the same behavior.  In my other vCenter that is running 6.7 U2b I see backup jobs.   Move to the latest vCenter.

0 Kudos
1871royal
Contributor
Contributor

Showing the same symptoms with lack of backup activity not being displayed. The suggestion to update to latest version does not work: I am running 6.7.0.40000 Build 14367737.

Any further suggestions to fix this annoying bug?

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Did you try to restart following services after upgrade or even restart VCSA VM itself?

applmgmt, vmware-vapi-endpoint,vmware-vsm,vmware-cm,vmware-sca

For each service run: service-control --stop service_name | service-control --start service_name

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
trafsta1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue in 6.7 U3 (build 14367737) of VCSA. Activity logs are blank...

Restarting VCSA does not help.

Anyone find a workaround/fix yet?

0 Kudos
1871royal
Contributor
Contributor

Of course. Restarted services individually and multiple restarts of VCSA VM itself. Still no difference. There is obviously an issue here as other users have reported exactly the same problem.

0 Kudos
1871royal
Contributor
Contributor

Also does not show any activity even when a manual backup is started using the settings from the scheduled backup.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Please check the backup file location (NFS, FTP or etc), is there any backup files? Doest the backup operation work correctly anyway or not?!

Also, try to open the VAMI management interface from another browser ... is the situation the same as that old browser?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

In my lab setup with scp protocol and could see backup activity. I am guessing this is specific to NFS protocol.

What is the NFS version??

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
trafsta1
Contributor
Contributor

It happens to me with SMB and FTP.

The funny thing is, after going to 6.7 U3, in 1 out of like 20ish browser refreshes it DOES display (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Edge, doesn't matter)... I have to keep refreshing to get it to show up. At least that's how it was for a while after installing 6.7 U3. But past few days it is not showing activity any longer at all, which is why I came here.

1871royal
Contributor
Contributor

Backups are being completed (FTP), but not shown in activity. Tried every browser: IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox with same result.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

I think it may be a bug about the VAMI backup feature. Please open a support ticket for VMware ...

For the last try, check the result of the backup task operating for all supported types of protocol (FTP, NFS, SMB, .....)

0 Kudos
hsmadi
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same issue , the vcsa 6.7 , build 13643870 , vCenter Appliance 6.7 Update 2a , the backup activity is empty and not showing any logs , btw : the backup completes successfully

0 Kudos
andrewrNZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same issue, Google led me to this KB from VMware: VMware Knowledge Base which resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
KLEINES2021
Contributor
Contributor

This was my exact issue and """"solution"""".

0 Kudos
rastickland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

this is the way!

0 Kudos