3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2019 4:20 AM by LucD

Get-licenseDatamanager error

selva_0087 Lurker

Hi All,

I'm exploring the licensing part with Get-licenseDatamanager command. I'm running PowerCLI 11.2. I connect to my vCenter server and then run command Get-LicenseDatamanager, I get below error:

Get-LicenseDataManager : 6/12/2019 1:56:40 PM   Get-LicenseDataManager          The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

At line:1 char:11

+ $Licens = Get-LicenseDataManager -Server lqap4242.lss.emc.com

+           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-LicenseDataManager], VimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Core_BaseCmdlet_UnknownError,VMware.VimAutomation.License.Commands.Cmdlets.GetLicenseDataManager

The InvalidCertificateAction is set to Ignore. Not sure what else am I missing here. Please help. TIA.

• 1. Re: Get-licenseDatamanager error
          LucD Guru
          User ModeratorsvExpertCommunity Warriors

Is the InvalidCertificateAction set to Ignore in all three scopes?
          Do a Get-PowerCLIConfiguration.

Could it be that you are trying to use a TLS protocol (i.e. TLS v1.0) that the environment doesn't allow.
          See Mike's post vSphere and TLS 1.2

• 2. Re: Get-licenseDatamanager error
            selva_0087 Lurker

Yes, its set to Ignore for all three Scope:

Scope    ProxyPolicy     DefaultVIServerMode InvalidCertificateAction  DisplayDeprecationWarnings WebOperationTimeout

Seconds

-----    -----------     ------------------- ------------------------  -------------------------- -------------------

Session  UseSystemProxy  Multiple            Ignore                    True                       300

User                     Multiple            Ignore

AllUsers                                     Ignore

• 3. Re: Get-licenseDatamanager error
              LucD Guru
              vExpertCommunity WarriorsUser Moderators

And what about the TLS protocol version?