1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2019 3:08 PM by TheBobkin

RVC rebalance_info script with a custom variance parameter

erives Novice

Hi,

Is it possible to run the vsan.proactive_rebalance_info script with custom parameters say a different variance threshold. All I am trying to do is get a summary (similar to what it already displays) of what will be moved w/o actually moving it but using a more aggressive variance threshold, say 5 or 10%.

The script Help doesn't show any options, perhaps there is another way/script for seeing this info.

clusterPath> vsan.proactive_rebalance_info --help

usage: proactive_rebalance_info cluster

Retrieve proactive rebalance status for vSAN

cluster: Path to ClusterComputeResource

-h, --help    Show this message

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: RVC rebalance_info script with a custom variance parameter
          TheBobkin Virtuoso
          vExpertVMware Employees

No, as it is basing it on the current default parameters (there might be ways of altering the RVC scripts themselves but unless you are a 100% confident in what you are doing and potential implications I wouldn't advise this).

If you have plenty of available capacity (just to be super safe I would gist 60-70%) you could consider setting lower -v and start, check info then stop - it should mark as transient anything that has been allocated and then cancelled to move. Any large moves are going to be to disks with relatively large free space anyway so I can't see big risk in the above (but of course test in lower priority clusters first).

Bob

1 person found this helpful