VMware Horizon Community
WGMIII
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Version 5.0.0 not working on Mojave 10.14.5

I am having a recent problem with Horizon app on Mojave 10.14.5 where it will not log in and gives the error "Error in add connection - reason null". This began after my update to Mojave however, it will work on another macbook running Mojave 10.14.3. I am really hoping someone would be willing to help me figure this out prior to having to downgrade the OS again. I have tried going through my employer IT department however, due to it being a personal device they provide no assistance. I have attached a log file from my macbook below. The horizon app works on my other mackbook, ipad, iphone, etc. just not on this specific macbook. I appreciate any help figuring this out and thank all in advance.

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 1.38.50 PM.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am running 10.14.5 on my MBP with the latest 5.0 client and it's ok.

What environment(s) are you connecting to? Corporate, lab etc?

There was a thread some time back similar and their upgrade wiped out their host file.

Can't connect using Horizon Client 4.10 on Mojave

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
WGMIII
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting to a corporate site, I tried working with them and they looked at it but ultimately told me is was my issue since it is on a personal device. My other macbook is 10.14.3 and works fine, it is just this one running 10.14.5 that is not working. I saw the thread about host file but do not know enough about what to look for to see if that is the issue. I have compared the host file on both macbooks and they are similar. The non-working one has a lot of extra stuff in the host file but again, not sure what should and should not be there.

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'd say start by checking in the host file that the name/IP for the corporate site matches.

Are you out of the office or on the corporate network?

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
WGMIII
Contributor
Contributor

I have modified the HOST file to match that of the working macbook with no success. Not sure I edited the correct one though. I connect both at home and at work and neither are working.

0 Kudos