VMware Cloud Community
syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

Update Manager on HTML5 client

Hello there,

I have 2 different installation of VCSA 6.5 . Everything fine except one of VCSA doesnt have Update Manager on HTML5 gui. Here is some screenshots about this issue. Any fix about this ?

Best regards,

vcsa1.jpg

vcsa2.jpg

vcsa1_plugin.png

vcsa2_plugin.png

14 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Did you check in the vCSA where VUM is missing that the service is started?

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

Offcourse because VUM is working on Flash gui side. Also i noticed with screenshots there is no plugin called VUM on the affected side

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you check if both the VCSA 6.version are same ? I believe from 6.5 U2d onwards most of the VUM options came up .

If both are same version then we have to check the /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log .

VMware vSphere Update Manager 6.5 Update 2d Release Notes

syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. I have uploded version info screenshots and yes both VCSA has same version.

in /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log which log should i have to look for ?

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log filter for "com.vmware.vum.client" . This would give us information on what is happening around Update Manager. Share any errors .

If you can share the vsphere_client_virgo.log ; would be easier for us.

Regards,

AJ

0 Kudos
syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

Here is the log files attached.

Best regards,

@

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Take snapshot and backup's before doing this step.

[2019-06-01T23:31:05.391Z] [WARN ] vice-extension-mngr-pool-263 70000893 100059 200006 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.PackageManifestParser            Plugin id mismatch between the registered extension key (com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity)

and the id specified in plugin-package.xml (com.vmware.vumclient). The registration id will be used but you should keep them in sync.

[2019-06-01T23:31:05.397Z] [ERROR] vice-extension-mngr-pool-263 70000893 100059 200006 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.ExtensionManager                      Unable to deploy the plugin: com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity as a plan archive. java.io.IOException: Permission denied

Replace the files com.vmware.vum.client-6.5.0 from working vcsa to non-working vcsa and provide the right permissions.

root@vcsa [ /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/cm-service-packages/com.vmware.cis.vsphereclient.plugin ]# ls -ltrh

total 12K

drwxr-xr-x 3 vsphere-client users 4.0K Apr 24 05:47 com.vmware.fallback.mixed-6.5.0

drwxr-xr-x 3 vsphere-client users 4.0K Apr 24 05:47 com.vmware.vum.client-6.5.0

drwxr-xr-x 3 vsphere-client users 4.0K Apr 24 05:47 com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity-6.5.0

Regards,

AJ

0 Kudos
syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there again, i have did what you supposed. Copied from working vcsa to non working vcsa and fixed permissions. But no help Smiley Sad . Here is log files and screenshots.

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Forgot to mention ; you have to restart the update manager service.

Also all the files inside /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/cm-service-packages/com.vmware.cis.vsphereclient.plugin/com.vmware.vum.client-6.5.0should have right permissions.

Still seeing the same :-

[2019-06-10T12:45:47.702Z] [WARN ] vice-extension-mngr-pool-108 70000007 100004 200001 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.PackageManifestParser            Plugin id mismatch between the registered extension key (com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity)

and the id specified in plugin-package.xml (com.vmware.vumclient). The registration id will be used but you should keep them in sync.

[2019-06-10T12:45:47.706Z] [ERROR] vice-extension-mngr-pool-108 70000007 100004 200001 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.ExtensionManager                      Unable to deploy the plugin: com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity as a plan archive. java.io.IOException: Permission denied

0 Kudos
syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

After i replaced folder with new one , fixed permissions with chown -R and rebooted vcsa.

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Log an SR with VMware Support and upload the VCSA logs to SR . Provide SR here .

Also mention the last history of upgrades performed to the VCSA .

Regards,

AJ

0 Kudos
syslicense
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again ,

What do you mean about SR ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast