VMware Horizon Community
flatleyld
Contributor
Contributor

Disconnects for external users only

For the past 2.5 months we have been having issues with off premises users getting disconnected from their View session.  Not just disconnected but the whole Horizon client closes, which causes a log off entry in the events on the server.  It seems a user can't go 5 minutes without getting kicked off.  My team and I have been looking for every possible cause but have come up empty.  We though it was the end users' network, then the security server, then the firewall, and finally the storage.  All have checked out.  We have hit a dead end on ideas.  The only work around we could provide the users was to use the HTML interface to the desktops.  This doesn't drop a connection.  Only PCoIP drops.  We block RDP so that's not an option.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what else we could check?

Here are some notes about what I've found:
We are running version 6.2.2.  We tested with 7.7 (with a different security server) and it still drops.

Internal users are just fine, and never disconnect.

Users get a connection timed out error, but not every time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This sounds like a firewall or load balancer configuration issue.

If you aren't aware View 6.x goes end of support on 2019-06-19. Are you working on a upgrade or migration to 7.x?

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/support/product-lifecycle-matrix.p...

0 Kudos