VMware Cloud Community
buckmaster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

converge - [FAILED]Run vmafd firstbootot

running vcsa u2 trying to converge 2 vcsa's, one in dr, one in prod from external PSC's to embedded.  Originally tried GUI but found it's error logging lacking or at least my ability to find the errors lacking so I switched to CLI.

Screenshot's

error1.PNG

error2.PNG

I have no idea why firstboot is failing?

On vcsa found

less vmafd-firstboot.py_51976_stderr.logerror3.PNG

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Miller
0 Kudos
4 Replies
buckmaster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FYI - I've tried to find the LDAP entry using jexplore with no luck.  I see a ton of information but not the LDAP i need to find.

Tom Miller
0 Kudos
buckmaster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IF VMware is trolling the forum I'd appreciate a little help

Tom Miller
0 Kudos
buckmaster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thinking about the error which seems to be causing the issue per VMware Knowledge Base it seems misleading?  The LDAP entry should exist as we are running a converge not a clean install?  Am I looking at this wrong?  Why wouldn't the LDAP entry already be in the SSO database since we have a PSC & VCSA in prod datacenter and another PSC and VCSA in DR datacenter.  We are trying to embed SSO into the VCSA at each location, so YES the LDAP entry would exist?  By the way this config is in the same sso domain for ELM purposes.

Tom Miller
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Hello,

There may have been an issue with the upgrade of the vCenter Server which is causing the issue. Following steps to attempt as a workaround.

(Before do this make sure have a snapshot of vCenter and PSC for revert back in case needed)

1. SSH in to vCenter
  2. Remove the folder “/storage/seat/cis-export-folder”
  3. Remove the file “/etc/vmware/install-defaults/upgrade.import.directory"
  4. Converge vCenter

If this help please mark helpful or correct.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos