1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2019 1:56 AM by lmoglie

NSX -V -  Unable to access certain applications on universal logical switch(Stretched vxlan) in Cross VC environment

saransh1 Lurker

Problem Description:

I have 2 logical  in a datacenters is a cross vcenter environment.The segregation for datacenters is logical but the physical devices(Nexus,servers,firewall) resides on the same site/location/racks.

Primary Site - Vcenter 6.7

Secondary site - Vcenter 6.7

NSX version - 6.4.3

I have created a universal logical switch of network 10.1.80.0/24 connected with the universal DLR.

In primary site i have been running the workload for the last 6 months and all the communication is working fine.

Recently we decided to optimize  the use of secondary site and deployed few vmware applications(OVF based) onto the stretched vxlan(10.1 .80.0/24) networks on secondary site.

The issue is I am not able to open the VAMI page of my appliances from my primary site vxlan/vlans to the secondary site stretched vxlan(10.1.80.0/24).

Though I can ping/telnet the servers from my primary site to secondary site server but the application refuses to connect.

As per the attached Diagram VM A is not able to access the URL/Applications/vami pages for VM B and vice versa.

Although  VM A can ping/telnet to VM B and vice versa.

Key Points:

Physical firewall is not involved in the entire communication.

NSX firewall/distributed firewalls are disabled.

Ping/telnet is absolutely working fine hence no routing issues.

Attached the logical Diagram.

Does anybody else have faced such weird issue? Or am i missing anything?