VMware Horizon Community
IIPM
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client + DPI/ Display Scaling

Good Morning All,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find anything that matched precisely what I was looking for.

Scenario:

+ A user connects to their Virtual Machine from home using VMWare Horizon Client. They connect using a tablet.

+ On connecting to their VM, VMWare Horizon Client jiggles around the DPI/ Display scaling so that everything fits on screen (small display etc).

+ Rather than logging off of their VM once finished, they disconnect.

+ On returning to the office, they login via a Wyse zero client with widescreen monitor, but the DPI/ Display scaling is still the same as if they were connecting from their tablet, i.e. everything is HUGE.

+ To resolve, a log off and then log on tends to do the trick.

+ Some objects are still a little large, which I can resolve by recreating this registry branch: HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.

Couple of points:

+ If they logged off from home (on their tablet), instead of disconnecting, everything is fine in the office - as presumably when logging in from a fresh, it detects the widescreen display and has no need to scale.

+ In VMWare Horizon Client, before connecting to their VM (via the tablet), we turned off: "allow display scaling". Made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you tell us more about your environment? Newer versions have improved the DPI/Display scaling. I've also had better luck fixing the resolution on a tablet/phone (e.g. 1920x1080) to avoid the scaling.

Horizon Client Versions

Horizon Agent/VMware Tools versions

UAG/Security Server versions

Connection Server versions

0 Kudos