VMware Cloud Community
vmware12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Embedded Linked Mode from Windows > Appliance Migration question(s)

Hi all,

We're (finally) migrating all our Windows vCenters to the 6.7u2 Appliance version from 6.5. I had originally planned on setting up an external PSC and joining them to it so we could managed them in Enhance Linked Mode going forward.

During my Googling I find that 6.7 supported Embedded Linked Mode. The only guides I could find on how to do it, however, were for fresh deployments; deploy one and set the other to join existing SSO domain.

Obviously I don't want to redeploy my vCenters just to get Embedded Linked Mode but via this guide on Windows to Appliance migrations, I don't see an option to join an existing SSO domain.

Does anyone know a way to join two fully deployed vCenters both with embedded PSCs into Embedded Linked Mode, or should I go ahead and deploy an External PSC?

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
johncol
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So are you Windows embedded nodes all standalone right now, as in not in the same SSO domain - so when you log in individually you just see itself?The migration path off Windows supports different deployment topologies but can not make changes to the topology and existing SSO domain configuration.

You might have to get all nodes to 6.7 first, and then look at using the cross sso domain repoint option Repoint vCenter Server to External Platform Services Controller in a Different Domain

0 Kudos