VMware Horizon Community
Cyberhawkof9
Contributor
Contributor

Logitech mouse buttons does not work correctly on Horizon Agent 7.8 and VMWare blast

Upgraded last night to Horizion 7.8 in server and agent from 7.7. Now the back button doesn't work and the forward button is now the back button. When using RDP og PCoIP normal behavior is observed. Tried reinstalling Agent and removing and reenabling VMtools USB and PS2 driver. Tried Logitech and 3DConnexion hardware.

Anybody knows what to do?

Regards

Bjarke

9 Replies
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, it would appear the 7.8 agent breaks mice with more than the standard two buttons at least when using Blast.  Awesome.

jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do you know if Horizon View 7.9 fixes this?

KodyB
Contributor
Contributor

I just upgraded our environment to 7.9, and it is still broke. 

0 Kudos
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I haven't fully been able to test but I do know one Logitech mouse I have works when using the 5.0 Client and Horizon View 7.8 agent.  Has anyone here tried the Horizon View client 5.0 or 5.1 client to see if that fixes the issue?

0 Kudos
ChrisLymanRFP
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing the same thing on our 7.9 installation, Blast is broken but PCoIP and RDP work relative to the back and forward buttons.

Has anybody submitted a ticket on this one yet?

0 Kudos
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have created a ticket.  VMware says it is a known problem and they are looking to fix it, but I wouldn't expect the fix until the 7.10 release of Horizon View.

0 Kudos
Joe_Flow
Contributor
Contributor

Using the forward button to go back is almost as reasonable as the process for adding signed certificates to VMware products.

0 Kudos
VDINinja311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

jmatz135

You know if this was fixed for 7.10?

0 Kudos
bjartest
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can confirm that it works on a physical machine with Horizon 7.10 agent. Havent gotten around to update our Instant/Linked pools.

0 Kudos